Here’s a list of some of the ways we support our
- Western Alamance Farmers Club dinner; Presented farm
- Vegetable Garden at Andrews Elementary; Ag in the
- Donated to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Donated to NC FFA Alumni Association
- Participated in Alamance Co. “Farm to Table
Program”; Over 400 children attended, learning where their food and
fiber come from
- Alamance County Cattlemen’s Association Field Day
- NC Junior Beef Roundup
- Central Piedmont Junior Livestock Show
- Junior Dairy Show
- Annual contribution to Dare Program
- Continuing support to Southern Alamance and Western Alamance High Schools’ FFA programs
- Sponsor Alamance County Scholarship for graduating senior
continuing to a 2- or 4-year college
- 4-H Livestock Club support; Participated in NC State Fair
- Sponsored Multi-County Young Farmer meeting
- 2nd Annual “Homegrown Tour”; An agricultural
experience of Southern Alamance County and produced a video of the tour. Over
160 people farmers and non-farmers attended.
- Hosted luncheon roundtable discussion with Alamance County
Commissioners, county manager, and sheriff about areas of interest, such as
Jordan Lake rules, property taxes, immigration, and water resources.
- Invited Alamance County legislative delegation to a board
meeting to discuss issues. Discussions
resulted in getting a coyote trapping bill introduced and passed.
- Alamance Co. Beekeeper Association Cost Share Program
- Scholarship program for rising college freshman who major in agriculture related field.